I have been told during my job search that because I have a college degree and experience that I am “over-qualified.” What is that supposed to mean? How can a person be over-qualified? Isn’t being qualified a good thing?
Is a college degree a negative on the resume these days? Every single interview I have went to in the past few months, I have been told I am over qualified.
So, I am going back to a Nursing Aid job, even though I have years of office and accounting experience. I guess I should have spent the money on my degree on something else. Perhaps my own business?
- How to organize your day for the Job Search (usearchjobs.wordpress.com)
- I am not Alone: College Graduates Can’t Get Jobs (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Employers are desperate for applicants with technical skills (wistechcolleges.wordpress.com)
- Degree Required, but You Don’t Have One (hopeforunemployed.wordpress.com)
- College Degree = $10-Hour Job (forbes.com)
- Tales of an Almost College Graduate (awritespot.wordpress.com)
- The Real Value of a College Degree by Jonathan D. Fitzgerald (devosreport.wordpress.com)